A quick break in the South of France


Ryanair is screaming at me again from my computer screen to book a cheap flight to any number of locations. From Carcassonne, a mere 15 min drive away I have the choice of the following, Brussels, Dublin, East Midlands, Liverpool, London, or Shannon. I idly tap in a random date in June and it informs me that I can fly for 63 euros return, Good Lord, that's 45 pounds more or less. I'm all excited, where shall I go ? Hmmm Dublin would be a good start. Hang on a minute, I'm forgetting something, I can't can I ? I run Le Chateau, beautiful self catering holiday accommodation down here in the Languedoc. Okey why don't you pop down and see me instead ? Even the cat is yawning with pleasure in the sun.

My sanguine mood has rapidly returned. An Australian soccer team wish to visit to play against local teams in Carcassonne, Toulouse and Perpignan. They are all Father's of children who went to a Catholic school in Sydney named after our famous Monastery here at Prouille which is apparently 800 years old this year. Well I didn't know that. They want to do a filmed documentation of the visit for the history of the school.

Looks like the Mayor may well have to be persuaded to crack open some Blanquette de Limoux !!

Comments

Brownmouse said…
Oooh, those Aussie rules blokes wear very short shorts. Have fun.
Un Peu Loufoque said…
Good gracious Sally at those prices I wish I lived in the Uk and I would be down to stay at your wonderful chateau in a flash (with chief Patissier of course!) Sadly from Brittany and by governess cart it is not quite so facile ma chere!!

Come on all of you purple cow wives and book a few days french leave with your wonderful hubbies whom you have been flaunting on the CCW they are all so wonderful they look as if they deserve a treat.
Milla said…
Hey, that's how our cat sees herself!
Suffolkmum said…
Would that I could ... already booked to go to France in the summer, before I knew of your gorgeous place - maybe next year ....
bodran... said…
Ho i wish i could visit, fear of flying and the lack of a passport stop me..xxxx and only 15mins from carcasonne seriuosly fed up!! even one of my bestest friends moving there hasnt got me over yet..
countrymousie said…
I do hope a bunch of us can get down there to see you and have a little get together - perhaps a long weekend - what do you think - I am still nervous of those holes in the doors though. I would want the place swept for bugs!! love mousie xx
Inthemud said…
It would be wonderful to come and visit you. But this year has to be Malaga to see Sophie
Mark Bridge said…
Very tempting - and I didn't spot the subtle advertising in today's entry, really I didn't ;-)
DevonLife said…
I'll be there at 7.30am tomorrow morning. Can't wait
Sally's Chateau said…
Subtle is my middle name as you may have all guessed !! oooh but Mark, you were TEMPTED.
Oh dear - won't be over for a while - we are now into the busy season of our self catering . . . .and you will be too busy to visit here!!!
@themill said…
Enjoyed catching up. Wish Ryanair flew Newcastle/Carcassone.
So glad the 18th was a success and yes, the young always seem to behave so much better than the olds!
muddyboots said…
stop it! l'm stuck here until the end of the season, l can barely get off the premises. used to love carcasonne as a child, we used to stop of en route for somewhere further afield. l seem to remember a green stake in one of the towers that had been the torture chamber?
annakarenin said…
Sorry can't be tempted by cheap flights can you imagine the hell of flying with my lot. We tend to stick them all in the car and drive through the night, makes for less stress exhaustion we have learned to cope with. We did fly once with just the older two but one of them managed to get his arm stuck in part of the escalator not dangerous just embarassing.

Can't believe my innocent little remark almost got me a freebie. Will have to keep working on my comments it is a damn site easier than writing a blog and would much prefer a holiday at your place than writing some bloody monthly column any day of the week.

Great cat photo ours, is enormous and we keep finding her in strange places so I assume it won't be long before the kittens arrive.
Pondside said…
That sounds like a dream - I'd be there for sure if I could. It's rather complicated from here, though, and I'd have to plan ahead. That said, you never know......

Popular Posts