His Lordships Wine Reviews



Bright blue skies, glorious sunshine and lavender on the move. I could be in Provence but I'm not, I'm in the Languedoc which is being mooted as the 'new Provence'. Treating myself to a days holiday we head up to the foothills of the Montagne Noire where we discover the wines of La Liviniére and in particular the village of Félines Minervois and the Domaine of Le Petit Causse.

Above the village sitting on an eminence facing the Toulouse corridor sits a marvellous windmill beautifully restored and surrounded by rows of lavender. What a stunning place for a picnic on an early spring day. With the sun beaming down and the larks rising in the distance we spot hare loping through the vines.

His Lordship has been heavily hinting for some time that he would like his very own little space with which to share his love of the grape and so I am proud to present His Lordships Wine Reviews. I have graciously popped him under the umbrella of Sallys Chateau. Not that an umbrella plays a large part in my life you understand !! He would be thrilled if you could pay him a visit every so often. He can be found hovering on the left hand side of my blog where he will be writing regular reviews in his own inimatable style.

Dare I admit to falling asleep in the sun yesterday as I cast aside boots and socks to wriggle my toes on the warmth of the terrace ?

Inbetween working naturally .......

Comments

Maddie Grigg said…
I am so envious! What a lovely picture you paint. And I look forward to hearing more whining from His Lordship.
Maddie xx
lampworkbeader said…
Dammit, you've caught me just when I've given up wine for Lent. Does he do chocolate reviews by any chance?
Exmoorjane said…
Oh there here is, lurking indeed on the left-hand side. Bless his little heart. Shall certainly go but don't promise to understand. I drink the stuff rather than analyse it!
Please don't talk about being warm. :(
muddyboots said…
your photos get better and better and now with the prospect of bang on wine reviews by in house expert, l think you've cracked it. LOVE that windmill, are there mice in it?
Suffolkmum said…
Ooh it's a tough life Sally. Stunning photos. I shall hop on over to pay my respects to his Lordship, though am a horrible ignoramous and always end up liking the rough 'peasant' wines the best.
Pipany said…
I'm rather warm here too Sally thanks to the wonders of central heating...huh! Off to read about wine xx
Elizabethd said…
No bright blue skies here. No sunshine. No lavender.
But my primroses and crocus are out which leads me to think that Spring might be round the corner.
Frances said…
Sally, good to read that you are taking a bit of a tour.

That top photo really is a top photo. To be having a picnic near all that lavender must be bliss.

I am late in reading your prior post, and definitely want to congratulate you on being included in the book! Lucky readers of that book will now be able to share in the pleasure that reading your posts always brings.

Promise to visit His Lordship's reviews.

xo
Pondside said…
I'll have to cut and paste and send the reviews off to The Great Dane who loves nothing more than a few hours spent in the wine store. When we lived in southern Germany his favorite outings were to the vinyards and wineries - pines for it all over here, so perhaps this will comfort him!
ChrisH said…
'Oh,' she says, in a weak and feeble voice, 'what does sunshine feel like?'. I think I might need to visit his Lordship for a recommendation of a suitably pick-me-up in my frail, pallid, state.
francoise said…
Hello, I thought that windmill looked familiar. You were right in my neighborhood(Pépieux). Glad you enjoyed the local wines. Did you go to Massamier-la Mignarde just N of Pépieux. Their wines are super and affordable (except for the award winning Domus Maximus). I'll be reading more of HL 's reviews.

I'll be heading for the sun in April, maybe we'll stop by if we are in your neighborhood.
Rob Clack said…
How jealous I am! Ah well, at least we're beginning to feel as though spring might arrive here in eStanglia some time soon.
KittyB said…
Oh for the bliss of falling asleep in the sun (in between gardening, naturally!).

Popular Posts