From a Carcassonne Boudoir

It's currently over 20 degrees outside here in Carcassonne.  I know this piece of riveting information without even setting foot outside because I've a state of the art, all singing, all dancing boiler, a Dietrich to be exact combined with some sort of electronic gizmo too which spews all this stuff out.

I'm lolling in my boudoir at present, its a really luscious lolling sort of room isn't it ? I think so.  The ornate antique marble fireplace works too but the great fat radiators pump out so much heat that unless you are envisaging a romantic encounter and you want to watch the flames dance and flicker round the room then simply admire it.

If I want to indulge in some pampering and "me time" I'll slink, over my original polished floor tiles (naturally) into the spacious en-suite bathroom where there sits the most magnificent large rounded French antique washbasin mounted on silver nickel legs.  I had the taps hand made too as they had broken,  the cost made my eye's water but it would have been barbaric to dispose of it.  A free standing bath which I've painted a rather smart black underneath sets the tone nicely.

The palette of the room was designed by a local interior designer, Zaza Design, she's enhanced the mood and picked some lovely soothing colours which flow through the whole apartment.  It shows off the ceiling moulding particularly well.

In all truthfulness I'm stuck here because a) I'm waiting for the plumber and b) I'm nursing a particularly grotty cold so whilst confined to my room I've knocked out a folder full of interior shots with descriptions and started off a new blog spot for the apartment sale.

Now if you don't mind I'll lie back and revel in my boudoir !

Comments

lizzieroper said…
this looks like heaven! now i maybe being particularly dense but i cant find the photos of the interior shots, how can i encourage my 2,500 twitter folowers to buy your hotel without this fabulous link?!
x
Pondside said…
Luxurious, indeed - what a gorgeous room! Can't wait for the interior shots. Anyone contemplating a move to Carcassonne will be panting!
Sally Townsend said…
Thank you lizzie, I haven't put up the link to the rest of the interior shots yet, just contemplating when this will be ready on a fat juicy grape !!
Posie said…
Sigh.....simply gorgeous, and was that 'sunlight' streaming through the windows too?...its a howling gale here, cold wet and windy....Hope your cold is better soon
Nutty Gnome said…
I'm confined to barracks with a stinky cough and cold so was doing a bit of blog-hopping when I came across yours. Pity I can't afford your apartment as it looks fabulous and I love France, but hey-ho...such is life!
Thans for a great read and I hope you feel better soon :)
Chris Stovell said…
Loll away, especially when you're doing it in such fine style. I expect you could do without the cold though. What a stunning room.
Frances said…
Sally, hoping that you will be up and hopping soon. Meanwhile, let me again compliment you for your immense talent at creating environments that make the rest of us view with longing.

xo
her at home said…
Certainly looks wonderfully inviting love the fabric and the superb fireplace!Where better to nuture your cold in comfort!
Grouse said…
You dont really have a cold......its just an excuse to spend more time lolling in that delicious room....... sigh.......

Popular Posts