Escape from the Chateau



Finally, after what seems a lifetime, my debut novel Last Tango in Carcassonne is out on Amazon for Kindle readers, the paperback version is scheduled for release next Thursday, March 7th.

I use the term ‘finally’ with relief as it’s been a roller coaster ride with the ‘learning curves’ threatening to dismount me on numerous occasions. The patience of my close family and friends has been tested to the limits.
Last year, as well as it being one of those landmark birthdays for me, the ‘Big 0’s’ that people seem determined to mark with endless celebrations, for me at least, I was anxious to end 2018 by putting my book project to bed and getting on with life. It had dragged on for far too long with excuses, false starts turning to bitter disappointment when it all went ‘pear shaped’. I’m the sort of person who likes to get all her ‘ducks in a row’. But my ducks weren’t ready to be lined up. You can’t rush these things. I wasn’t happy with the end result, so it was a case of back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile Christmas came and went with any mention of the book being totally off-limits. Frankly everyone was exhausted by the drama of it all.

Family commitments along with my other projects seeped into my time meaning I could push the issue of the book firmly to the back of my mind. What a relief it all was to have a breather!

However once 2019 got underway I was ready to start all over again. It was time to sit down and concentrate, a case of reading, re-reading, editing, editing, editing. You get the drift.

Anyway, I’m thrilled with the new cover design and I’ve done my best with the final edit. And whilst I’m fully aware that I won’t be on the receiving end of any literary accolades it’s still a feather in my cap. I did what I set out to do. Wrote and published a book.

Meanwhile I can now happily sit down and watch ‘Escape to the Chateau’ knowing that I had a very narrow escape.

Next…

You can find me on amazon.com/author/sally.townsend

Comments

Popular Posts