Gastronomic feast

Last night we motored down to Le Vieux Puis at Fonjoncouse

Such fun in the Grand Duchess. Some very jolly people waved to us along the way and I took a turn behind the wheel. She is rather a handful though and after a while His Lordship took over and I could sit and concentrate on the evening ahead, pressing issues to ponder, as to whether my outfit would pass muster in such terribly smart surroundings and wondering if I had remembered ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. In the end the mascara was left behind and the Small Cross One has stated that I simply must wear it.!!!

Do you know I've been pondering on how to best describe the food, it's not often His Lordship and I are lost for words but we are stumped. Okey, every course, every dish in fact is an amazing creation of art. It would have been a sacrilege not to have devoted your complete and utter attention on what was presented before you. It was a very serious business. Crikey, when they bought out the cheese trolley it would have put most English deli's to shame. I felt rather overawed when eventually we all left.

On the way back I watched the tracking system in the Jaguar, isn't it comforting to know you are heading in the right direction ?

The stars in the sky were particularly wonderful last night. Just as I was winding my way carefully over the gravel in very unfamiliar high heels the rest of the gang gave whoops of delight. "The most amazing shooting star" they shouted. "Oh I missed it" I said. "Pity" they said, "it was the most spectacular event of the evening".

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts