Dimanche Matin


His Lordship and I had just taken a gentle stroll in the sun round to the village shop. You have to have your wits about you here, it's only open for two hours every morning so there's really no time to stop and gossip until you have your baguette firmly under your arm.

There's not a breath of wind this morning and we are alarmed to see that the lilac has started to bud. The Mimosa is trying very hard to flower and the Geraniums and Busy Lizzies are thriving.

I drive with the roof off in The Old Lady to go and pick up The Small Cross One from the most beautiful house close to Montreal. My friend and I sit on the terrace in the sun and enjoy an apéritif looking out over unspoilt countryside. It's so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Eventually I rouse myself to go home.

His Lordship has done an impromptu lunch outside, cleverly balancing a piece of weathered board onto two trestles.

Afterwards I announce I'm off to look for my wetsuit for a dip in the pool.

Comments

Popular Posts