Flambéd quail, Le Crueset Sets and so much more besides ..


His Lordship is jolly clever as you have probably all guessed, good looking with a discreet well bred air, and handy too, with a drill, grinders, socket sets, saws, hammers, I mean what else could one possibly want ?

And I’ve got a firm grip on him this morning after his behaviour with very naughty guest last night. As well as quaffing some damm fine burgundy, Gevrey Chambertin to be exact, they threatened to visit a rather popular hot spot known as the PurpleCoo. I had to pull out all the stops to keep them here I can tell you, flambéd quail no less. He’s busy anyway dismantling his handmade childhood bed from Heals, not many guests do horsehair mattresses sadly, I mean you either do or you don’t. We do naturally. The metal frame is being used as a trellis for two climbing roses, Queen Elizabeth one side, American Pillar the other. His Mama would be so proud of him. I shall drop by the portrait gallery later and tell her.

I’ve got my head stuck in the kitchen cupboards rather than the gas oven and have just pulled out a Le Crueset Fondue Set. I hear on the grapevine that they are rather back in Vogue and I’m going to pop it in Le Chateau’s kitchens for the guests.

His Lordship say’s that we are both taking recycling to the highest level of fine art.

But hang on a minute, I can’t allow him to butt in like this can I ?

Comments

Inthemud said…
Never had quail! What excellent recycling using bedstead as rose trellis, I've got an old one I could use as that!

I do like Queen Elizabeth Roses
Anonymous said…
Oh I do hope Le Creuset fondues are making a comeback, I adore mine, perhaps I can start holding fondue parties again!
lixtroll said…
Matron has just popped in to tell you not to worry, the chat room has gone down temporarily owing to an error on Google which is preventing us cleaning out the fosses to make room for new posts!

You can still blog away merrily here on your own page, and to leave comments on all the others.
I am so happy to hear that fondues are on the up, I love them myself!
Un Peu Loufoque said…
Better fondue than raclette! I love American P roses !!Must see if I can get one here!
lixtroll said…
Matron is visiting again with an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

The chat-room is experiencing problems with overloading which we think is causing it to be marked as SPAM, which is in effect locking us all out :-

So in the mean time: each day please look out for the post called ANNOUNCE NEW BLOGS HERE and put your announcements in as comments on that post.

This will still leave space for one personal post per person which we can all comment on.

This is purely a temporary measure, we are keen to get the chatroom back to the weird and wonderful way it was going before - we are looking into various options at the moment (by the way, have you noticed that option is an anagram of potion) - WesterWitch! put down that cauldron!
countrymousie said…
I have only kept quail not eaten them - the teeny tiny little weeny ones - you dont eat them do you I hope. That man of yours seems pretty useful - I should keep this one!

Popular Posts