Springing into Spring



His Lordship braved the pool for the first time on Saturday announcing that it had finally reached 60 degrees and therefore was warmer than the sea off the Cornish coast had ever been. 'That was then and this is now' I said, 'quickest way to a heart attack for a man of your age'. He takes absolutely no notice.

I'm not going to pretend to you though that its all sunshine and swimming pools. Sunday came as a nasty shock with a cold wind buffeting the house and logs had to be hauled in. His Lordships swimming trunks blowing wildly on the fig tree looked like a distant memory.

I decided on a thorough spring clean starting off with Sally's Chateau changing the page around and playing with the colours. Feeling restless though I wander around the house with my camera. One of the current joys are my collection of geraniums thriving robustly on the first floor corridor. I love the way the colours look so vibrant against the old wooden panelling and the sun filters through the windows onto the handsome tiles. I popped a picture I love onto A Slice of Chateau, my little blogspot of some of my favourite spots in Le Chateau, it's absurd isn't it how tiny corners can delight day after day.

Meanwhile with a warm wind blowing and the blossom falling gently off the trees an afternoon walk beckoned. Within a couple of minutes we are away from the house, away from the computer screen, away from the phone and in a different world altogether. The wheat has grown fast in a week and the wind is sending vibrations through its thick deep green lush growth and ripples across its surface. All along the banks are buttercups, white campion, wild rapeseed and tiny corn marigolds. The sky is a deep clear blue, we are alone for the whole of our walk, seeing no-one and loving the solitude.

Finally as the World money market hits the headlines on a daily basis it would seem that the Banks may well be forced to bend to the need of their customers rather than vice versa.

Time for some serious feelgood factor from Sally's Chateau.

Comments

Preseli Mags said…
I love the photograph and the picture you paint of your walk is so beautiful too. It sounds idyllic. xxPM
Zoë said…
Lovely arrangement of wildflowers on the dressing table, so pretty.

Agree about keeping Bank Managers in their place, little despots!

The blue looks very Provencal - can feel the warmth.
Brrrrrr even 60 degrees is still too cold . . .still men will be men.

Berlimey I was scouring the area on my walk for flowers and all I could find was wild gorse . . . would love to see a picture of all teh wild flowers.
Exmoorjane said…
He is quite quite mad. And you're right, I do need a serious slap! Jxxx
lampworkbeader said…
Come on now, what's the secret? You are with friends, just whisper....
ChrisH said…
Very sorry to have missed so many but lovely to catch up. That is a very tiny bikini a few blogs down, missy. Loved your 7 and now want to know the secret you can't tell us.
LittleBrownDog said…
Feelgood factor, definitely. It's what you're famous for. I'm sure that cool wind won't blow for very long.

xx
Milla said…
SECRET, NOW!
softinthehead said…
Come on out with it, you've told the bank manager! Love the new colour!

Popular Posts