No.11 on the 4th July

And a very Happy 4th July to you all out there from here at No.11.  And for those of you who have ever tried to find me 'eh viola', here is a picture of how I look.  The reason for me showing you my front door is because for some reason which is completely unfathomable to a mere mortal like me No.11 has no number.  Imagine that ! the only house on the street without a number which is slightly inconvenient to say the least when people are trying to find you, just ever ever so slightly........ I daresay those of you with an inkling of how French bureaucracy works get my drift.

Anyway there you go it does not seem to have hindered my success to run a bed and breakfast.  I use the word 'success' with caution and modesty but there's a time to blow your own trumpet and a time to keep quiet and its a trumpet blowing day today.  In my third year of being open I am now placed No 7 on Trip Advisor out of 55 Bed and Breakfasts in Carcassonne with an Award for Excellence so I must be doing something right ! I did reach the dizzying heights of No 4 but a couple of b&b's sneaked in from outside Carcassonne itself so I slid down the ladder.

And I just love doing what I do but I rather miss one small thing, after three years of being in the heart of the Bastide of Carcassonne I have a yearning for a little patch of outside space so I'm moving on to pastures new even though it only just seems like I have arrived here.

So if anyone fancies stepping in my shoes, so to speak, you now know where to find me !




Comments

Frances said…
Hello Sally, and congratulations on the well-deserved recognition!

Now, of course, I am extremely curious to learn more about your next destination. Your energy and imagination and creativity are superb.

xo
Sally Townsend said…
Lovely to see you again Francis, feel rather guilty that have not had time to keep up with everyone, life is so hectic these days !! x
Pondside said…
What's this?! I think I must have missed something.....it all sounds mysterious and exciting!
Elizabethd said…
Sally, so nice to see that you are doing well. We are now back in England, otherwise we'd be coming down to Carcassonne, I think!

Popular Posts