Blogging from Bridport - Day 5

Day 5.

The cast:
Me
The Undertaker (husband)
Nearly 90 (mother)
On the ground in France (son)
Office darling (daughter)

I don’t think I shall ever forget this past weekend, for all the wrong reasons.

I had just rediscovered an old love of mine too, rekindled a previously forgotten passion. I didn’t find the cause of my frequent absences from home through Facebook either. No, this new all-consuming diversion was right here on my doorstep. How had we avoided each other all this time? I could have wept. How come we hadn’t connected sooner? But now, as quickly as it started it stopped. This new affair was just barely a few weeks old so itt was with a heavy heart that I packed away my new swimming costume. I had new goggles too dammit. This would have been long term I think because I had already become addicted. This morning I found my wetsuit. Maybe I shall be reunited in the sea sooner than anticipated. Hallelujah. Cause for joy.

‘The undertaker’ is back at work. Normally he would be returning home with tales of a ‘good send-off’, details of how many people attended, whether a eulogy was particularly interesting, but no more. The changes are so rapid its unnerving.

I took a firm line with myself. Just because we’re all topsy turvy and at sea keeping up standards is a morale booster. I have a preloved clothes business with items like beachwear, linen sun dresses and elegant ball gowns non of which are in demand right now. A pair of gold strappy sandals won't date. So, I’m hardly short of a variety of outfits in which to parade around the house and garden. I have now started taking my tea in a bone china cup and saucer too. Life is short. Wear the high heels, bring out the cut glass decanters!

‘Office darling’ is stressed. Gagging order in place with reference to workplace, refer to day 1. Not on in my opinion. Once your baby always your baby but latest news is looking positive. I take her a huge bunch of daffodils. We stand at a distance. I want to hug her but I can't.

I have withdrawn from commenting on social networking sites and as far as possible avoiding looking at them. They are not good for ones well being; they incite fury and exasperation as we witness the present goings on.

Why push yourself into an early grave unnecessarily?

Comments

Popular Posts