Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 -Day 41


If ever a day had less to recommend it, it is today. 'The Undertakers' phone had gone off at 3am and even burying my head under the duvet I still get to hear all 'the details'. His next move is to creep down to the next level of the house in the dark and dress in his blacks thinking he isn't disturbing me. The floorboards squeak so appallingly on the second floor that I wait with baited breath convinced he's going to go through them. So it's 'squeak, squeak, squeak followed by a loud 'bang' as the front door shuts. On his return its the same, only in reverse order. The alarm goes off at 6am (What in God's name for?) I can hear the wind and the rain as I pull back the curtains to observe the unrelenting greyness. 

There are no cards and soft cuddly toys to load up onto the tea tray this Valentines Morning because in my opinion it is a shallow and consumer-driven day which is meaningless. If you're going to give someone something to show your love and appreciation then make it spontaneous at least. That's me then, the last of the great romantics, not. I phone up two of my 'besties' (interestingly enough men), and we agree on my sentiments until one of them gets a card pushed through his door and becomes quite animated. 

'The Undertaker' says I mustn't admit to having an adverse reaction to the vaccine arguing that it will give the anti vaxxers a field day, but frankly I couldn't care less. It was my choice to take the vaccine on offer because to refuse it would have been wholly selfish in my case. I look after my Mother and cannot afford to catch covid. I also run a shop where I will eventually come into contact with a lot of members of the general public, so to my mind, not to have it would be profoundly irresponsible. I'm not a sheep, and I'm not gullible so, rather like peoples views on Brexit how I wish to proceed is my business. Your choice, your health, Oh but also everyone else's... Meanwhile you'll have to excuse me because today I really am 'out of sorts' for all the right reasons. x

Comments

Procrastinaire said…
One of my boys is now having to do his ballet lessons in our spare room due to online learning. It’s right above the kitchen. Every time I stop for a coffee I have visions of a 17 year old,almost 6fter, landing on me mid plies 😂

Popular Posts