Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 65


What to report? I'm sure you've all had far more interesting days but here goes...

All excitement, well for me at least, on the new handmade hanging rail in the shop. Suddenly it all looks terribly smart. I would post up a picture but I hadn't quite got the colours and length of garments in a pleasing order and as far as that is concerned I am a perfectionist! Whilst vacuuming up the bits on the carpet I twanged my back. Marvellous...'The Undertaker' had the nerve to say it was because the movement was alien, but I think he was joking. One hopes so.

Melicious says he is peckish and goes and purchases a sausage sandwich, would have been churlish to refuse half of it. With two steaming mugs of coffee it feels an absolute treat as we tuck in. I pass the time ironing some linen, perhaps that was the alien movement? 

Time to call it a day. I step back and survey the day's work. I can't help but feel a surge of pride as I shut up shop. The secret to happiness is in my opinion to make the most of what you have. It may be slightly less than what you've had, it may not be the lifestyle you envisaged for yourself but you wouldn't have to look hard to find people with far less who are content, or people with far more who are dissatisfied with their lot in life. 

But right now you'll have to excuse me for today because a deep hot bath beckons.

The picture is from yesterday's walk when the weather was somewhat different...

Comments

Popular Posts