Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 84


An absolutely marvellous day for a spin in a blue Bugatti with a complete stranger. I must say 'The Undertakers' face was a picture as he witnessed me roaring off down South Street. Anyway I was returned safe and sound and even managed to get a shot of the jolly chap outside my shop. Talking of classic cars this afternoon I find in a box in the attic a pile of Aston Martin magazines circa 1970's. In the spring of 1974 it cost the princely sum of 20p, shooting up to 50p in the Autumn of 1976. How a handful of these have survived so many house moves is beyond me, but there you go, such is the attic of a die hard hoarder... Previous lives and all that.

We can now meet up to six people from two households in my garden, or their garden, or any outside space, time to do so would be a fine thing. The car boot is full of winter stock from the shop which goes up to MIL's where I have the luxury of storage. Out one load goes with another load in to sort out. On the way home we see a group of people picnicking by the local river, blanket on the ground and all basking in the sunshine. What an uplifting sight to be sure!

The day slips by without any incident of any interest whatsoever, and perhaps if it had it wouldn't be anything I would care to admit to.

Two weeks today brings us to the date when I can reopen my shop which will bring me to the end of my lockdown part 3 blog. 84 days so far and counting. 

Will we look back and wonder what on earth we did? I'm quite happy to admit to running out of steam now. I'll never run out of words but really and honestly there's only so much you can say on a daily basis without sounding like a parrot. 

I just want to start meeting up with friends and family again and create happy memories which is what life is all about after all.





Comments

Popular Posts