Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 95


The radio is awash with non stop beautiful soothing music. I had forgotten how many wonderful songs there were out there, so many memories associated with some of them too. It was as though we all needed a respite from the grim news heaped upon us all on a daily basis over the last twelve months. Some time for reflection.

I admit I had a lump in my throat as the 41 gun salute started. Why would I be affected by such emotions I asked myself and then the realization that it was my own personal grief kicking in dawned on me. The loss of someone you love can rise up and slap you hard when you least expect it and the power of music and its ability to move you is one of the beauties of life and should not be underestimated.

'The Undertaker' has a funeral today and has just come back and announces he is 'frozen to the bone'. The subject of death arises, because believe it or not we do 'talk shop' at home. He agrees that bereavement is pushed aside and not spoken about. It's not a subject a lot of people are comfortable with and yet it is an emotion that will touch us all at some time in our lives. Why are we not prepared for it? 

I will admit to a very childish action today. I suggested to Julia Hartley-Brewer, (who was banging on about the unfairness to the BBC licence payers that the final of Master Chef wasn't aired) picked up a book, went for a walk and had the day off. I mean seriously, give it a rest along with the rest of the professional moaners of the world. By Monday there will be something else to whinge about.

Monday, gosh there's a thought we all re-open, fling wide our doors to the public once again. I must concentrate, I must stop 'dollydaydreaming'. There is work to be done.




Comments

Popular Posts