Bridport lockdown diary - Day 48

Day 48

The cast:
Me
'The undertaker' (husband)

Last night's filming went without incident, partly because I stood back from the oncoming cars in the road as I strove to get the perfect shot. I thought everyone was supposed to be at home unless it was a necessary journey? (sic)
Food for thought: Imagine if in London during the Blitz there'd been a whole bunch of people going "I'LL TURN ON MY LIGHTS IF I FEEL LIKE IT" Exactly!

It is cold and wet and I've lost my favourite jumper. 'You must have seen it'? I ask 'The undertaker' time and time again, over and over. It's the only pullover which will suffice in a crisis. The one which goes with simply everything, last seen on a camping trip to France last year.  This particular excursion cut short by diabolical weather in late June. 'I'm never going camping ever again' I moaned all the way home and yet looking back (almost fondly), was it so bad?

The spider in the bathroom has disappeared into thin air, whilst today's snail patrol in the garden revealed they had multiplied considerably along with the dreaded slugs. What happened to that tantalising glimpse of hot weather we had? I don't think 'The undertaker' fully understands my obsession with the weather, cold = complain, hot = happy. 'It makes no difference to me' he says which is a statement so beyond my comprehension I could be talking to a man from mars. Oh yes, I forgot, men are from Mars. Silly me!

Anyway he's out of bed somewhat sharpish this morning, there's the chemists to queue at for a couple of 'golden oldies' prescriptions, with a routine hospital journey to follow. This 'lockdown life' brings more responsibilities for some, whilst others breathe a sigh of relief that they're let off the hook as they bask in the sun in far off places.

The chocolate supply has run out. 48 days of non stop chocolate. Am I bothered? NO. Have I put on weight? I DON'T KNOW. I daresay when summer arrives and I attempt to squeeze into my swimmies I'll get the answer. Right now its a subject that can be filed under a 'need to know basis' and right now I don't need to know...

For want of anything else better to do 'The undertaker' offers to screw into the drawing room wall some curtain tie back brackets which I bought some six months ago. The deep blue velvet curtains must be at least forty years old and way too long for the windows and when I shake them I find that they are the source for our little army of moths. Mystery solved. I spray the curtains vigorously and he coughs and chokes dramatically. 'Spray it at the moths not me' he splutters.

0n a late request from the Vicar for an extra video we have to go and do a re-shoot of 'The undertaker' as 'Captain' outside the church. (A different angle...) On the first take the Rector's white poodle Polly trots round the corner which I think adds to the event but apparently its yet another 'take' situation. At least the weather has perked up for our filming debut.

When our lock down is gently eased how am I going to find the extra hours in the day for a 'normal' life?


Comments

Popular Posts