Bridport lockdown diary -Day 51

Day 51.

The cast:
Me
'The undertaker' (husband)
Neighbours

Without sounding like a cracked record (sounding like a cracked record) why can I hear the hum of traffic at 6am? I am bored BEYOND BELIEF of people taking the piss.

This morning 'The captain' and The Padre hold a two minute silence opposite the house at the memorial. Despite the worldwide pandemic we plan to mark the occasion of the 75th anniversary of VE Day. It's a bank holiday in England too. Neighbours turn up and show respect, the clock strikes eleven. Enter Mr and Mrs Moronic driving past with expressions like the gormless idiots they truly are. Complete plonkers. Must get to Morrisons before it closes...What lock down,? really it leaves you speechless. What in heavens name are these people on? I can't get my head round it still.

We had, much to 'On the ground in France's' amazement, a lock down VE Day party amongst the neighbours. We sat outside our front doors two metres apart, each with our own tables suitably decorated and I knocked up a pretty incredible Victoria Sponge cake. I got him on social media and we sang 'Happy Birthday' to him. The ladies donned tea dresses and pearls for the occasion and even though I say it myself we looked an elegant bunch.

Nothing more to say. 'The undertaker' has been called out, 'what people are dying'? not from Covid-19 surely? Well yes actually...

I'm observing VE day, I'm remembering 'On the ground in Frances' birthday, I've had a drink. Its been a marvellous day all round but, please please for the love of God stay at home. It's by no means over yet.

Comments

Popular Posts