Lockdown from Bridport - Part 2 - Day 20


 Let's just be honest with each other okey? Today I nearly forgot about my blog because I was led astray at the crucial hour. I had popped up to my 'MIL's' and 'The Undertaker' had been called out and one thing led to another. Suffice to say we had a jolly hour where I pulled out some racy stories about my past she may not have heard. One such story involved cutting off the nose of a magnificent brie at some Lord and Ladies lunch party and the ensuing inverted snobbery that followed. (I wasn't responsible but I was there). Such cock we both agreed. What I'm doing of course is desperately tying up todays random picture that I had sent to 'Office darling'. 'Office darling', lest you have forgotten is gorgeous daughter who has just started a most prestigious new job. Last night she came round and raided my cashmere. My daughter is the only person I would relinquish my cashmere to. 

I needed a day off. I had become tired and crotchety and unable to think straight. Let's be brutal, I'm no spring chicken and it was taking its toll. My divine cousin Richard who bakes like a dream and runs Arty Tarty Foods informed me that it would have been our grandmothers birthday today. I think we are both rather like her, outspoken and take no prisoners. I have a 'kissing cousin' also who I chatted to, a twin just like me. He is probably the most witty, erudite, entertaining person I know. He has the ability to 'keep the ship afloat' when everyone else thinks they are going to drown, he is priceless and worth his weight in gold. 

I went off and viewed a sale that was in aid of a most important cause, it was for the local women's refuge. I had met some of the ladies when I worked at the local food bank. It's no fun to be terrified in your own home, to be too scared to speak out, to have no-where to turn to. The same as its no fun to be on the receiving end of some deranged stalker as actually I once was.

The whole concept of my shop evolves around each of us helping each other if we can. There was a little ring in the batch of jewellery that I purchased. It's never going to set the world alight but its delicate and its pretty and I'm wearing it. It's a reminder of my week before I open my shop. Whoever donated it should know its gone to a loving home.

Surely recycling in a way is about that, if we don't look at it in a totally brutally commercial way, finding new owners who can relove preloved? That in a nutshell is what makes it so rewarding, giving new life to old.

Comments

Popular Posts