Lockdown from Bridport - Part 2 - Day 21


Are we nearly there? A good question and one I ask myself every evening. We have to be, I open in a week.

Today I made up a fine batch of sandwiches even though I say so myself. Cold chicken, ham, crunchy lettuce leaves and lashings of mayonnaise. Got to keep spirits up. We really are so very nearly there, or so I believe. Just when I have swept the floor and hoovered up yet again another piece of wood is cut, or the worst of all, plasterboard. We have moved towards the back of the shop to what will be the changing room followed by the kitchen area (there's a tap on the wall) eventually leading to the loo. It's a laborious task to be sure. 'Is it lunchtime yet' I kept saying out loud. No answer. I plod on with the task in hand, a paintbrush loaded with white paint covering a multitude of sins along the way.

I go and pick up a couple of curtain rails from a handsome three storey house along a row I have always wanted to visit. They have the original iron railings outside too. Don't get me onto the architecture that blights West Bay. Such a pretty harbour too, how can they (the planners I presume) have got it so spectacularly wrong over the years? Is this a contentious opinion? Probably. Anyway I admired the ladies house and garden and we had a pleasant chat. 

I'm extremely well organised tonight, there's something delicious cooking in the slow pot that I just effortlessly threw together this morning. 'The Undertaker' runs a bath and is just about to disappear under a mountain of Badedas froth when the phone rings. Oh dear, another ruined supper, another interrupted evening (the third in a row at exactly the same time). Oh well, looks like the bath is all mine and I don't mind if I have a glass whilst I'm at it either. 

I absentmindedly take a look at Facebook market place. Oh, the sweetest little glass fronted display cabinet. I snap it up immediately. I guess there will be room for the clothes...

The soothing picture of the sunset was sent to me by 'Creative Boy' (son) who very sweetly wanted to share the moment with me today. It gave me a little boost I must admit because you really really don't need a picture of my surroundings today!

Onwards and upwards. We're nearly there.


Comments

Popular Posts