Lockdown from Bridport - Part 2 - Day 22


 You know how much I was gloating last night as I regaled the tale of how I pinched 'The Undertakers' bath? Well, it turned into a rather farcical affair. I had just slid back, sinking gratefully into the fragrant bubbles when a filthy great dozy bluebottle started to encircle me. It just wouldn't buzz off despite me flinging froth at it. In the end I gave up and stomped off to my bedroom to slip into something a little more suitable for lolling on the sofa. Blow me down, it was in the bedroom too and I swear it divebombed me. It didn't end there either, this morning on entering the kitchen it had reappeared. 'Most extraordinary' agreed 'The Undertaker'. I had visions of it dropping dead in my steaming bowl of porridge.

What a gloriously cold and clear morning. I admit, I only felt a tad guilty leaving the shop and pootling along the lanes to the neighbouring village to pick up a glass cabinet. This item is now looking rather fetching on the wall. Whilst I was at it, I picked up a few other items... Fortunately 'The Undertaker' is very nifty at lifting heavy loads and as quick as snap, it was all loaded onto the roof rack. I am delighted with the way the shop is taking shape but 'Creative Boy' says I  shouldn't reveal too much too soon. Wise words.

We ordered up a new loo seat. I thought we should plump for the cherry red wood effect one to ring the changes. When it arrived we both looked at it rather dubiously. 'Hardly English country house is it?' 'The Undertaker' quipped. 'Get a grip' I replied, 'we're only sitting on it'. Even so we both knew in our heart of hearts that it wasn't 'quite the ticket'. 'The builder' saved the day by fashioning a very nifty loo roll holder from the top of the glass cabinet (that we didn't like) and an artfully re-tasked curtain pole. It's all about re-use and recycle, don't you know!

No flies on us!

Comments

Popular Posts