Lockdown from Bridport - Part 2 - Day 25


Maybe its the full moon tonight, called the 'Beaver Moon' incidentally, or maybe its the glass of well deserved chilled white wine. Whatever, the energy is coursing through me. Thank goodness. I have been a real limp lettuce of late, overcome by tiredness by 9pm. Overwrought and over emotional. It's the bloody pandemic too, who isn't it playing havoc with?. Everything as we once knew it is topsy- turvy, it's no wonder mental health issues are soaring. We must endeavour to be kind, show empathy and be patient. Not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve. 

There was a serious miscalculation on the size of the carpet that was planned to go down in the shop. Oh dear. 'The Undertaker' and I looked at each other perplexed. It was a brute of a carpet too. I scratched my head, he scratched his. Neither of us were prepared to admit to the 'cock up'. 'Back it goes on the roof rack' he said. Oh dear... Oh dear indeed. 'We'll be going for the worn out lino look then... seriously retro' I say. Who cares at this late stage? 'They're not coming in to look at the floor' he says. Quite right. Don't sweat the small stuff.

So for the next two days it'll be heads down so that everything is as perfect as I can possibly make it. 

I will confess to one thing though, I keep finding items that rather take my fancy. 'Perks of the trade' I say brightly to 'The Undertaker'.  He doesn't answer. Daresay he's trying to remember if it was him that measured the carpet!

Comments

Popular Posts