Lockdown from Bridport - Part 2 - Day 9


Friday 13th, unlucky for some but not for me, I decided to take the day off. Funny time to take a break when you've just got yourself a shop, I can hear you think. But after deleting Day 7 by mistake last night and realising, to my horror, it was no-where to be found, I recognized that I needed to recharge my batteries if I was to keep going at a fair lick in time to open by the beginning of December. That's if we can of course. Keep positive, keep focused, keep going.

My own home had quickly fallen into disorder. I wouldn't describe myself as tidy or particularly organized but I don't like undue mess and nothing upsets me more than a table that needs a thorough polish. I know, I know...

Feeling quite jaunty I strode up the road to my local hardware shop where I stood quite shocked at the price of Beeswax polish. So many different sizes to choose from. Mine had gone astray.... see what havoc and expense disorder causes. Eventually I reasoned my furniture was worth it. I proceed into Superdrug and stare at deodorants as though my life depended on it. Should I choose 'Two for the price of one'? I pondered whilst working out whether one was a better deal at a cheaper price. In the end I grabbed the two but then proceeded to have the same conversation with the cashier who kindly pointed out that the smaller one was on offer... I was in a state of confusion, I can tell you. 

Hurraaah! some respite from all this nonsense. A circular walk at the National Trust site at Golden Cap was a welcome distraction. 'On the Ground in France' (son)  is back for a short while so we pack up a picnic and meet up. There's nothing better than getting out amongst nature and kicking the leaves and passing a few pleasant hours. It clears the head and frees the mind. Never forget that whilst the prevention of passing on, or contracting Covid, is ever present then so is the need to understand what the implications to our mental health might be. Hiding inside in fear and trepidation from this invisible enemy is simply not the answer. We must crack on and embrace the great outdoors.

Tomorrow is another day. We shall tackle our exciting new project with renewed vigour.


Comments

Popular Posts