Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 10

 


A chum who is the epitome of style and taste sends me a private message to say he is concerned for my fluctuating moods. He cleverly pinpointed the reason, apparently down to my choice of daily attire, and strongly advised me to ditch the 'Holly Hobby' frock. I couldn't help but observe that yesterday's choice of outfit (the Hobbs dress) had given me the desire to become quite argumentative and up in arms about matters in general. Covid apathy is a disease we must all strongly resist.

You would be surprised at the information I glean whilst sitting peacefully at my computer tucked away in my humble kitchen. Occasionally I will pause and take pleasure in the happy yellow daffodils that are in full bloom whilst I admire my black and white spotty tea-pot, which recently replaced a large orange one given to me. (I am allergic to the colour orange) Oh sorry, cannot pass on information gleaned as peoples heads might roll. All to do with breaches of lockdown in the workplace.

I hope by now you are intrigued by todays choice of outfit as obviously it makes a vast difference to my mood and tone. Offending pinafore has been consigned to the darkest corner of the wardrobe. Here goes; the tightest stretch blue jeans I possess (Anna Montana) and a thick cream Ralph Lauren knit purloined from 'The Undertaker'. It is most important in these trying times to choose your daily attire with care. Sloppiness leads to apathy, quickly followed by depression and finding oneself pulling on crumpled clothes slung in the corner because there is no point doing otherwise. Let me stop you right there if this is you. Take heed from me, everyday counts!

Thursday. Whooopie doo it's the 'Golden Oldies' shopping day when I trundle on down to Waitrose with my trolley (yes I have succumbed and don't care) to delicately pluck the listed items, edible deliciousness they wish me to purchase on their behalf. It's the highlight of the day too when I realise I may not be the only chocoholic in the village... When I get to the till I declare myself as a local from behind my mask and we have a chat in general about how many people here are from out of the area still lurking around and visiting. As well as people still being to fly into the UK without a covid test and county borders not being manned we've got no chance of beating this virus. I really am bored now. Anyone still travelling is a selfish so and so...

Tonight is the last evening before 'The Undertaker' goes on call. There is an air of gloom that invades the house on a monthly basis. On call is a necessary pain in the butt. Because it resembles something along the lines of 'The Last Supper' a succulent piece of beef is sitting patiently on the side ready to be popped into the oven. Roast potatoes, a selection of vegetables, cooked 'al dente' and some rich thick gravy are on the cards. Along with a bottle of red wine, thank you very much.

Happy Days are here again. 


Comments

Popular Posts