Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 16

 


Storm Christoph can blow as much as he likes. The wind can howl its way down my chimneys and huff and puff to his hearts content. Nothing was going to dampen my spirits today as I took possession of a commission from the terribly talented Lily Colfox, watercolourist. She captured the mood and quirkiness of my shop beautifully. Isn't if fun?

Popped to the shop, and just as well I did as the old flagstones were showing signs of damp necessitating in putting the heaters on for a while. It pays to keep an eye on these things. It isn't just a matter of locking the door and walking away. 

A boiled egg for lunch with two Ryvita's counterbalanced the calories contained in the large slice of cake dropped off by 'Office Darling '. Like mother, like daughter, a sweet tooth runs in the family.  

Did anyone else watch the inauguration of the new President of the United States? A good rendition of the Star Spangled Banner by Lady Gaga, followed by Jennifer Lopez dripping in Chanel. It was, of course, an historic moment and I took the opportunity to toast the occasion with a glass of chilled Chablis. 

I ventured into Morrisons where I snapped up the last two blue hyacinths and found the chocolate (which I have such a weakness for) is on offer. Green and blacks organic with a touch of sea salt. I snaffled up the last three bars and felt only a smidgeon of guilt.

'The Undertaker' started very early this morning and by the time I stirred, (8am) he was long gone to work. It's moments like this when I count my blessings that I am self employed for I possess none of his discipline or the ability to commit to regular hours, least of all take instruction from other people.

This is a true(ish) summary of my day, give or take a glass or two of Chablis. It is neither exciting nor informative. It is a day of someone just attempting to make the best of what is on offer in these uncertain times but the watercolour has really lifted my spirits. Someone suggested what a brilliant book cover it would make. I'm not sure I'm ready to go down that path just yet...



Comments

Popular Posts