Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 2


It's so comforting to know you are out there joining me in my daily doings. Following yesterday, where I managed to get myself into a right tizzy about everything and anything, I vowed to tackle things head on today. No more side stepping, no more Mr Nice Guy. 'Porridge for breakfast' I declare in a tone I hope will broker no protests. 'The dishwasher's making funny noises' The Undertaker replies. I don't laugh. 

Even before the gruel has thickened I'm on the phone to Yorkshire Gas and Power. Today an extremely genteel elderly sounding gentleman with a slight lilt to his voice asks in the most kindly voice how he can help. Immediately I'm disarmed. We sort the problem out in a calm and measured manner. Afterwards I huff and puff about the unfairness of using OAP's to shield the company who are quite obviously making trillions from irate customers like me. 'We'll have double cream on our porridge' I declare. At 10p a pot from Waitrose I was suckered into a bargain I neither wanted nor needed. 

You remember how I told you about the little cherry tree that had been planted outside my house and how it was going to give me pleasure and joy every time I looked out of my window? Well, this morning don't you know my eyes were immediately drawn to a huge pile of fresh dog turd. Excrement, shit, poo, call it what you will. You can't blame the dog for responding to the call of nature but had I seen the owner then, (use your imagination if you wouldn't mind awfully).

I am determined not to let a dull grey dreary day get me down. To stave off any improper thoughts of biscuits coated thickly with chocolate I phone my cousin. We agree that there are an awful lot of people out there working extremely hard, possibly not very happy about having to deal with the general public, that are being overlooked. Let's just put it out there shall we? Stop bloody moaning that you are 'stuck at home'. Stop whinging that you can't go on your holiday. You are not entitled to anything over and above anyone else. Who in God's name do you think you are? When you've finished slagging off the government and everyone else who is to blame, apart from little you who 'only bent the rules ever so slightly' over Christmas (and every other occasion). Perhaps look a little deeper, past your own misery and selfishness and see if there is anyone that you could reach out to and help. That was the general basis of our conversation...

I pootle down to the shop to change the window. I go to take a couple of photographs for click and collect and the camera battery runs out. Whilst I'm there the most luscious and gorgeous coat in my little emporium catches my eye, again. With a lavish gold soft silk lining and stunning deep blue velvet collar, large velvet covered buttons along with matching cuffs it's begging to be tried on. Funnily enough I had got the dressmaker to alter it slightly making it more 'streamlined'. I twirl around in front of the mirrors admiring the graceful cut and swing of the garment. Yet another coat of mine gets left on the back rail of the shop as I swan home.

Such is my life and my opinions. 


Comments

Popular Posts