Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 24

 


I awoke a new woman, at least a different woman to yesterday's version. After admitting to being prone to lying on the sofa nibbling on chocolate I decided to have a crack at another form of life. This lockdown has taken many of us down in more ways than one. It takes the most enormous effort not to fall into bad ways. So far, so good, as we speak, although the night is yet but young. Oh let's just admit it, winter nights are hard when you can't go anywhere or catch up with friends and family. Maybe I am just weak willed, maybe I need to draw deeper on inner resources, maybe I should stop thinking about the pool membership I took out and how fabulous my swimming routine was. Maybe I should just get on a treadmill. Hang on a minute I'm on one already. It's a mystery why the weight isn't dropping off...

I spent another few scintillating hours filling in online and paper forms of various sorts. Living is so exhausting. In-between I nibbled on grapes and rice cakes with lentils. No wonder 'The Undertaker' rushes home. I should have walked, I could have walked, but really... full of porage with water and  lentil rice cakes I couldn't muster up the strength.

Thursday. Shopping day for my Mother. Decided to wear navy blue cashmere coat and new(ish) conker coloured Chelsea boots. Combined with tight(ish) jeans and a jaunty check cashmere scarf I set out. It decided to drizzle. Went past my shop and wondered if I should go in and help myself to a waterproof but there wasn't one available in my size (petite!).

Couldn't help but notice how expensive frozen fish is these days and how cheap nasty ready meals are. Had I have wanted to bloat myself out I could have saved a pretty penny in the process but I held fast. Fish it is then with super celeriac as 'The Undertaker' thinks it is exotic mash. A couple of hard boiled eggs chopped up and some parsley should do nicely. 

Two people have remarked today how new cushions can lift your spirits when you are entering the same room over and over again. In fact a dear friend sent me a picture of his to prove the point. I have so many cushions on our sofa it's a part time job plumping them all up. 

To round off this blog nicely, and if you have been following it you will understand, I don't miss the dishwasher in the slightest. In fact this morning whilst dreamily swirling my hands round amongst the suds I became alert to some exciting progress in the garden. Half the nuts had disappeared out of the feeder. I cannot even begin to describe the relief that I felt knowing that when 'The Undertaker' came cheerily through the front door after a hard days graft I finally had something to report back to him. 

Someone open some wine somewhere please.


Comments

Popular Posts