Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 27


I've woken up with a very sore thumb, its tingling on the end and purple in colour. 'The Undertaker' says I must have slept on it but I'm not convinced. I google the symptoms and wished I hadn't bothered. 'Office Darling' sends me a text 'speak to people in a way that if they died the next day, you'd be satisfied with the last thing you said to them' And I can't emphasise this enough' Is she for real? Has she had a premonition? I phone her immediately in a blind panic. She tells me she's hoovering out my car as she used it to take the Christmas tree to the tip and my boot is full of pine needles. 'You're so going to regret that' I shout. 

Some bloody bird watch weekend. 'I'm not spending an hour looking out at the rain' I tell 'The Undertaker' and he agrees. In the space of one minute I spy three fat pigeons on the fence and feel sure I wouldn't log anymore activity if I sat and stared out for another fifty eight minutes so I abandon 'birdwatch'.

Decided to give last years jeans another go, ie; another bash at getting into them. 'The Undertaker' yanks the zip up at the side and draws blood as it cuts into the flesh. 'Bloody hell' I scream. He stands back smiling benignly. 'There you go' he says happily 'you're in them now!'. 

He goes down to Waitrose to find all the cooler cabinets broken so testing out my newly acquired tagine has been postponed as I had requested a chicken. Another exciting diversion bites the dust.

I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to stay in touch with friends and family, even if you have nothing of interest to say it shows you care. I'm cheating obviously because I'm reaching out to you all via my blog. It avoids any awkward questions such as 'what are you up to, or how are you? etc etc...

One of the sword bearers at my wedding (a local chap) is in his 13th day in ICU with covid. If there are still any people out there spouting that it is a government conspiracy then do feel free to share your half baked ideas in the comment section below and I will send you a picture of him fighting for his life. The same goes for the selfish morons still refusing to wear masks in a public space. 

The news of Captain Tom Moore in hospital with covid makes my heart sink. If ever anybody was less deserving to have contracted this vile virus it is him, along with all the people continuing to care for others and work to keep the cogs turning so that the disruption to our lives is kept to a minimum. 

The fire is lit earlier than usual and we both settle down to tackle a crossword together. It gets me cross and we have 'words'. Whatever next, a jigsaw puzzle?

And finally a few 'hello's'. Sybil in Warwickshire, Toby in LA, Carol in Carcassonne, Nikki on the English Riviera, Debbie in Bromsgrove, Sue in London, Paul in Bridport, Camilla in Gloucestershire, Philip in West Bay. 

What more is there to say? Nothing. 



Comments

Popular Posts