Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 4

I


It was a mistake to introduce you yesterday to the spider in the bathroom. This morning he/she was scrunched up, and despite flicking droplets of water on the lifeless form it stayed resolutely dead. Oh dear, oh dear. I guess if it's any consolation to the deceased spider it is that it got it's 'fifteen minutes of fame'. Apparently the expression was inspired by Andy Warhol's words "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes".

Not quite the stunning uplifting day that it was yesterday. Today calls for me to don my late Fathers navy blue Guernsey pullover for warmth. I often wonder what people must think of my hit and miss fashion sense some days. Who would ever know that underneath yesterdays 'one size fits all' woollen dress were a set of most unflattering thermals. A cashmere scarf wound round the neck and fingerless gloves completed the odd ensemble. I also freely admit to not owning a tracksuit/onesie or anything in velour for slobbing in comfort. It makes me sound rather old fashioned and fuddy duddy doesn't it? I think I must be.

I went to the shop to take a few photographs but even with the heater on it was bitterly cold, so when my fingers felt numb, I really thought I deserved to come home and light a fire. Very few people about but the ones from out of the area mooching about are pretty conspicuous. And who is going to stop them pouring down this weekend to their second homes? Would you try and escape an area just put onto 'high alert' or would you stay in your main home? There's an awful lot of bile being spewed all over the internet, criticising the police, moaning about the NHS, blaming the government for all the ills of the world. I must say there will be an awful lot of, evidently, 'expert' and 'qualified' people ready to step up when the time comes, as a vast swathe of front line workers go down with the virus. It's a comfort to be sure!

I do try hard not to mention the 'C' word here but its difficult when things are escalating and deteriorating so fast. Is there anyone out there now that doesn't know someone with Covid? Not many I'll wager. 

It's the weekend. I predict that it will involve climbing on and off the sofa and flicking through Netflix whilst guiltily unwrapping a bar of chocolate. There may be wine involved too. Gosh who would have thought our social life would be so easy to organize.

Finally, I hope today finds you well. I hope you have managed to occupy yourselves, (not necessarily in a productive way!) as looking after yourself, be it physically, mentally or preferably both, is an achievement in itself.

Until tomorrow. 


Comments

Popular Posts