Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 36


To amuse myself today I scooped out the seeds of a pomegranate. Despite taking great care not to be in the firing line of the juices that squirt out I got splattered in the eye whilst the white washing up bowl took a lashing too. It's an ongoing debate in this household on the pro's and con's of a washing up bowl. I personally think that the person who cleans it daily should have the final say but...

Once I had cleaned up I had the satisfaction of knowing I had saved myself a few bob with my canny culinary skills.

Moving swiftly on I made the mistake of opening the airing cupboard door. This, of course, is unavoidable if you want to change your bedsheets, or get clean towels out for example. I ended up asking myself quite seriously if I had the beginnings of insanity as I contemplated pegging matching pillow cases together. I emptied the airing cupboard in my desire to achieve 'harmony in the home' and as it all lay on the floor in un ironed piles I bitterly regretted my rash behaviour. I did (most uncharacteristically) iron a couple of pillow cases which is bound to arouse suspicion as to my motives.

The wind is howling down the chimneys on what must be the coldest day of the year. From my very pleasing battered pine table in the kitchen I can observe 'The Undertakers' white shirts dance manically on the line in the distance. I idly wonder if they will fly off into the ether.

After yesterdays fashion faux pas I decide upon a classic belted camel wool and cashmere coat for my foray into town. It's a shame about the cream wool bobble hat but needs must, the wind is bitingly cold. All the jolly summer clothes are removed from the shop window and in their place winter coats and jumpers are placed. Whether anyone is in the mood to purchase is another matter but at £35 for a wool and cashmere coat it has to be a steal. By now my hands are tingling with the cold and I hurry home anxious to get into the warmth.

'The Undertaker' arrives home and before long I reveal that we have a) a tidy and organised airing cupboard and b) I had turned the iron on. There is a momentary stunned silence. 'Gosh' he says. I can't help but wonder how long this madness is going to go on for, it's difficult to explain why the days are flying by but, oddly enough, they are. 

Comments

Popular Posts