Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 37


Too cloudy for frost this morning, so much for drawing back the bedroom curtains to be greeted by a glittering world. I had better make my own sparkle then, as indeed we all must.

Had a little cull of my own winter coats this morning, I couldn't possibly divulge how many I own because frankly, even for a preloved shop owner it's verging on ridiculous. I did however have a sneaky thought today that I can, to an extent, be incognito as I go about my daily business, insofar as I can't be recognised by my coat. Somewhat of a relief I admit, although thinking about it, I have nothing to hide. Therefore I daresay the thought was inconsequential, as are indeed most of my thoughts these days... So much for growing old disgracefully, opportunity would be a fine thing.

You have to be so careful nowadays days, don't you, when addressing people? Normally you could greet people at this time of year with an innocent 'Have you booked your holiday yet? Definitely dangerous territory. Even an interested 'Have you had your jab yet'? could be construed as an insult, the innocent question posed could well be insinuating that you are far older than you actually are. A safe and acceptable subject these days seems to be passing the time of day discussing your evening meal, as long as you don't start banging on about alcohol units thus risking ruining  otherwise perfectly pleasant friendships.

Another thought...let's just dwell briefly on entitlement. Gosh, there's a merry band of people out there oblivious to the fact that, in the main, we have all 'taken it on the chin' that our 'normal' privileges, for the time being, have been relinquished. Is it spoiling my quality of life not being able to 'hop and pop' anytime to anywhere that takes my fancy? Well no, it hasn't and I'll tell you why it hasn't. I'm bloody resilient that's why. I am perfectly capable of adapting to what is required for the wellbeing of society in general. Of course I think it sucks, and of course I think its boring but I am made of sterner stuff and I don't mind saying so.

Tonight we have fresh fish which I was going to turn into a kedgeree. Smoked haddock from Grimsby no less! However, today's news tells me eggs (which are an ingredient of kedgeree) are bad for your arteries (we've heard this all before, and to the contrary...!). Also I wish to inform you that I no longer have breasts (pc advice to midwives from a Health Trust, also in today's press) I have a very ample chest or if you wish to be vulgar, a pair of tits, but sadly breasts are now a 'no no'. What complete and utter bollocks!

It's becoming increasingly difficult to know what you can do or say these days, its an absolute minefield out there, one needs to be so alert and wary. Best to do what the government is asking us to do, quite simple really, stay home and remember; that booking holidays, at present, is actually illegal...

PS. Todays picture is not some trendy art installation at chez nous, merely a pile of kindling drying out on the radiator! Life in the fast lane.


Comments

Popular Posts