Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 44

 


Slightly late tonight on reporting on days events due to popping up to 'MIL'S' with weekly shopping. 'MIL's' 'squeeze' insists on going down to cellar to procure a bottle of something to refresh us with. I had insisted on being dropped off at the end of the drive so I could walk up and admire the snowdrops and early flowering daffodils. By the time I got to the front door and after battling with the wind it would have been rude to refuse the refreshment on offer. Is this even allowed? I ask myself. I'm absolutely beyond caring if it is. Here we are with two elderly dependants getting in their shopping and we should surely be allowed to sit down and have a drink with them. We have all had our jabs. Not like we are part of the 'couldn't give a monkey's' crew swanning in and out of the ports and airports sticking our thumbs down for the photographers. I would dearly like to stick my middle finger up to them. Who in God's name do they think they are? Sure we would all love to travel to visit our loved ones but we are being held back by the likes of the selfish, self centred brigade who think that their travel plans and  lives are so much more important than anybody else's. If you are thinking of travelling right now then let me say that I think you are an arse, unless of course it is a matter of life or death. Interestingly enough 'The Undertaker' had a funeral yesterday which was held in a church on the trunk road to the far South West. He watched the cars pour by filled with holiday makers and their paraphernalia, body boards, sleeping bags etc all utterly oblivious and uncaring. Well thank you! 

Today apparently is 'be kind' day. Hmmmm. Here in Bridport we have a 'free to you' Facebook site where hopefully someone can benefit from stuff you no longer need. I posted up a few jackets that simply won't sell, I do hope that the people that took up the offer cut a dash somewhere, sometime. 

A friend phones me up to see how I am coping with the day. I am lucky. I have a distraction and a purpose to my days in the form of a shop where there is always something to occupy me. He begins by telling me that he has just cut up some chillis for his evening meal but then goes on to inform me that he went directly on to 'spend a penny'. In the end he dashed to the fridge and found a pot of yoghurt, need I say more? the mind boggles as to how some people find themselves in these strange situations.

Such are our impromptu encounters these days it seems.

Comments

Popular Posts