Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 49


What a difference the sunshine makes! Huge white puffy clouds scurried across the sky and whilst pegging out the washing I could feel the warmth from the sun, bliss. I could see the bluebells and daffodils starting to appear, the garden was on the move. A bit of a kerfuffle around the bird table between fat pigeons and determined crows but otherwise an uneventful trip into the garden. It is however heartening to hear the sound of birdsong on the air. 

Someone wanted to collect a pullover they had seem in the shop window, a real 80's classic, vivid and bold with batwing sleeves. It gave me a chance to change the flowers and pop some spring clothes in the window. Surprising amount of people walking about and some stop and say 'hello'. I plough through some more purple swirl clothes that someone gave me and photograph a few to give away on a donation site. I find just looking at them tiring, some clothes have that effect. I read an interesting article at the weekend about how people are supposedly going to react to fashion once lockdown is lifted. They are going to shun 'fast fashion' in favour of more fluid, comfortable clothes that stand the test of time. Frankly I feel we are going to be so overjoyed to get out, that the old 'what shall I wear' will be irrelevant as we make a glorious dash for freedom. 

The news of the roadmap out of lockdown filters through. There are no surprises really, at least I now have a date for re-opening the shop, 12th April, feels like another lifetime if I'm honest, Just eight weeks to go!

Tonight 'The Undertaker' has an army zoom meeting in his role as Officer Commanding W Coy Dorset ACF which will mean I have to creep around. However, on the plus side I can lie full length on the sofa watching whatever I choose, or better still, hanging off the phone talking nonsense to friends. Does anyone know of anyone not talking nonsense at the moment or am I alone suffering from this affliction?

For some unknown reason I take it upon myself to vigorously scrub the pine kitchen table this evening. With the pretty blue and white Cornish Ware pottery jug filled with snowdrops I wryly think to myself that I am living the Country Living Dream, which, if I view it through rose tinted glasses, instead of my cynical spectacles... I am. 

It is easy to feel downhearted these days as our normal lives have pretty much disappeared but I am determined to 'snap shot' one moment out of everyday and give thanks for it. Today my photograph sums up three such moments, (so I'm on a roll already) The clouds floating in the sky above my non flowering mimosa, water droplets on a plant I don't recognise, (could well be a weed!) and my snowdrops which have opened out very prettily indeed. 


Comments

Popular Posts