Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 50


That's it now, it's about time someone said it, and I guess that someone is me. We all know people that are really milking the furlough scheme by declining the offer of going back to work on the grounds that they feel 'unsafe'. I think that was reasonable some months ago but now, especially in our corner of Dorset, it is nothing other than shirking their responsibilities and taking the piss. Whilst they sit at home doing bugger all. Evidently, on furlough, you can't work from home. The result is that their colleagues are working like donkeys, taking the load on their already overburdened shoulders and sometimes paying the price mentally as well. In effect, they end up working extra hours to make up for their colleagues' lack of moral fibre. I think its a bloody disgrace, and furthermore they are getting away with it because they can. Frankly, they should be at the back of the queue when it comes to holidays, but that is a whole different argument!

On the other hand hats off to the band of workers that have worked through as they have had no choice, ie.' come to work or lose your job!' They are the ones who should be booking up their holidays right now! It's a shame that when the holiday floodgates open the first month wasn't reserved for people who have carried on. Is that inflammatory enough today? Wouldn't life be dull if we were all obliging doormats?

Seems like Easter won't be the usual family occasion it would usually be. Gosh, some people are a hollering and a moaning at how cheated they feel. I do wish they would just shut up, this whingeing simply drags the rest of us down whilst we desperately try to keep our spirits and morale up. 

48 days left before I can open my doors. Popped by the shop today and rearranged a few clothes. Came to the conclusion that I have to stock purple clothes too, I find the colour disturbing and unsettling but some people adore it so I pop in a few items. They scream out at me immediately. Did three loads of washing which blew crazily in the wind, I love pegging out washing, weird as that may seem... 

Made the mistake of emptying out a kitchen cupboard which led to all sorts of problems, as when I went to put it all back it didn't fit quite the same way. Sincerely wished I hadn't bothered. It will be interesting to see how long using wooden clothes pegs on opened packets of lentils will last...

Had just settled back into a relaxing bath when 'The Undertaker' announces we have a log delivery anytime soon. 'No can assist' I say from the safety of luxuriant bubbles. 'Why not'? he says, clearly irritated. 'On furlough' I reply. Whilst I clearly understand there are many people who are eager to return to the workplace and do an honest days work for an honest days pay there are a minority who are taking advantage and I find it inexcusable. Just an observation...

The doorbell goes. It is dark and the wind is howling outside as the logs get dumped outside the front door. For me it seems there is no escape as I had already, rather too quickly, hopped out of the bath and got dressed, bad timing!


Comments

Popular Posts