Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 70


When I looked again at the length of vintage French fabric and thought of the price I paid I did wonder if I had succumbed to lockdown madness. I searched the internet and tried to find some for sale but it was, as the lady had promised, rare as hens teeth. What I shall do with it is another matter...

I pottered around the house as the weather, rather than staying dull all day, seemed to brighten, feeling a lot warmer than yesterday. Sadly, because I must have morphed into a dullard overnight, or at least since lockdown, I had already decided to pop to the shop and work. Even I don't know anymore what I keep doing there, or why it takes so long, but there you go. I was just minding my own business, taking a breath of air outside, when I saw a lady on the zebra crossing nearly mown down by a van whose driver seemed oblivious to her presence. 'I saw that!' I called out as she did seem rather taken aback. She crossed back over the road towards me and told me she was enjoying my blog and that she was 'so and so's' wife. I had, however, completely mistaken 'so and so' for someone else and went into a fed up rant on how 'The Undertaker' was called out at 4.30am to a pick up an hour's drive away. 'He got back at 7.30am and went back out at 8am as the car was going to the garage. Not quite sure how he stays awake'... I finished off with a final huff. Turns out she wasn't married to the chap I thought she was. Never mind, I got there in the end.

I change the window, iron and price a few more things and call it a day. 

'The Undertaker' has arrived home with a very smart small cardboard box which he was given after a funeral today. It's an upmarket 'doggy bag' for afterwards as of course you still can't hold a wake. Inside was an exquisite selection of goodies comprising of sandwiches, a small scotch egg and a divine selection of homemade cake. 'That will do for your lunch' I say but after inspecting the calorific contents decide they are better eaten pronto. 

Looking out of the window tonight as dusk settles I see through the bare branches of the trees the new moon shining brightly in the sky. There's an inky blue to the early evening sky that is impossible to describe but as I watch it change colour it just gets more beautiful. 

I'm painfully aware that it is day 70 of lockdown and I still don't go anywhere or do anything of any interest to anyone else whatsoever. I can only assume there are millions of other people just like me out there feeling wholly frustrated. 'Hello' to you. 


Comments

Popular Posts