Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 72


May have overdone thrashing up and down the pool yesterday unless I have aged prematurely overnight resulting in being unable to move terribly quickly this morning. 'The Undertakers' phone went at 5.30am, sadly far far too early for tea in bed for me. I turned over, with some difficulty I add, and managed a few more zzzzz's. By the time he got back in approx 8.30am I had showered and applied scented body lotion. Can't recall buying it or being given it as a present as it was at the back of the bathroom cupboard. Came out in the most enormous blob when I squeezed the container and it was an absolute pain to try and massage all the white gloop into my body. Felt I had done a full workout afterwards and I detected a strange aroma of orange and jasmine on the air. 

'The Undertaker' pops on a very smart black overcoat over his 'blacks' to go back to work but with his leather and canvas bag/satchel, I have to warn him not to knock on any doors' 'Why'? he asks. 'You look like a Jehovah's witness' I say. Chuckling to myself as he closes slams the front door I resume my investigation into what everyone will be wearing this summer which is nigh on impossible to predict.

The doorbell goes and I'm handed a parcel. I say handed, but lets be honest, they are more or less thrown at you these days, whilst the person delivering jumps back as though expecting a punch to be thrown. It's addressed to 'The Undertaker' but looks intriguing so I open it. Oh, its a card machine holder for the shop. I don't recall ordering it but I must have done. Later when he arrives home he looks askance at the opened parcel. 'You've opened your birthday present' he says. 'I beg your pardon' I say, for surely my hearing must be impaired? 'One of your presents' he adds. Fortunately for him his phone goes. 

I go and stir the hotpot. This weeks passion is celeriac and Edamame beans along with Zaatar spice. All three went into the pot along with a selection of other goodies. 'Hold fire on the cookbook' I hear you all shout. After the mystery parcel I wonder if I shouldn't indulge in a gin and tonic, it's enough to drive anyone to the bottle...

'Office Darling' texts me to say that someone has remarked she could get a job at Buckingham Palace with her telephone manner. It's the funniest thing I've heard all day by far. 

Comments

Popular Posts