Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 74


Two loads of washing on the line by 9am, off to a cracking start. Am given another large bunch of daffodils which I pop in the shop window. I do so hope that people will enjoy them as they go past and notice the window is constantly changed!  A delivery of 50 new coat hangers arrives which are soon spoken for. I seem to have a glut of clothes so I take a deep breath and pop some on the local donation site. It would take a fraction of the time to shove into black plastic sacks and take to the recycling centre but I know it all goes to landfill, despite people naively imagining it is all lovingly sorted through. I wish I had thought to bring the radio with me but I didn't, so I plod on in silence.

I chat to a couple of people who work in shops nearby and they both tell me they will be 'upping their game' and I agree I shall be doing the same. We're all apprehensive about reopening especially as we expect an almighty influx of visitors from God knows where with a proportion of those having refused the vaccine. Bloody marvellous! Our continental cousins aren't looking too clever at the moment are they? Much to the dismay of the small minority of people 'bashing Britain' as they clamber over each other for their vaccines... now they can see what is really happening. What a mess.

I can still hear beautiful birdsong even though the night has drawn in. 'The Undertaker' says they are robins and in this instance I'm not qualified to argue. He's off call now so he's thrilled to be opening up a bottle of rather nice Saint Emilion which slips down nicely. I have visions of lying in the bath with a healthy squirt of L'Occitane en Provence. Later on my head will sink gratefully into the pillow as I curl up under my goose down duvet recently retrieved from the attic. Surprising what you forget you actually have, possibly something to do with age and having led a 'full and varied' life... 

PS. A 'varied life' = 'a full life'.

Comments

Popular Posts