Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 80


Watched a film last night about going back in time on the streets of Paris. We went back to both the 1920's and The Renaissance. It took us away from 2021 for a blissful couple of hours and for that reason it was marvellous. We had the added bonus of laughing out loud on more than one occasion too, so we both slept soundly having relaxed completely.

The forecast was for rain today so I opted out on any washing. Maddingly though the sun shone and the wind blew, in other words a perfect drying day. I have been ruthlessly going through the clothes in the shop and many have been discarded. It sounds ridiculous but this is hugely time consuming, on more than one occasion I thought fondly of the clothes bank. With one easy fell swoop I would be rid of it but I just can't bring myself to do it...

Chatted to my cousin in London who was off for her second jab. She was thoroughly fed up that she still couldn't go and visit her 98 year old Mother properly as in sitting in her room and passing the time in a civilized manner. I agree its all verging on being inhumane now. Let's face it we all know people breaking the guidelines right left and centre, without, apparently, a giving a monkeys. It's time to lift the ban now on not being able to see your elderly parents. 

Did the usual supermarket run with my Mother, I swear I could do it blindfolded. The highlight is always the staff who have worked throughout the pandemic. I heard a story from a reliable source that someone who had been furloughed at an office and gone back to work was complaining that she was finding it all very difficult not being able to take her daily nap in the afternoon. Afterwards we drove to the doctors where again the staff have worked tirelessly. We drove through the neighbouring village of Symondsbury where the golden stone of the pretty houses presented a picture of contented rural living. The drive took all of ten minutes but it was uplifting and to my mind a necessary journey. Such a simple diversion and yet one we used to take for granted, now however it is an absolute treat which we both savoured.

I sit and type this in my front room, the sun is streaming through the window where the pale yellow hyacinth is in full bloom giving off the most marvellous aroma. When I reflect back on my day, which of course I do everyday, I sit and look at the computer and freeze. My days seem so uneventful I do sometimes wonder if the reader dozes off before reaching the end of my story! Nevertheless it is precisely because they are like this (my days I mean), that I realise how lucky I am on a daily basis. 

Four days to go before I can sit in the garden with friends, it still seems such a long way off...

Comments

Popular Posts