Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 82


Well, Karma has the strangest way of appearing when you least expect it to. Put simply and not romantically, but in an honest brutal way, imagine this. You think you have a full life surrounded by family and friends, you feel complete and in need of no-one else. Your bench is full. Then suddenly you are sitting alone, and this is the worst part of all, behind you is the inevitable future. I told you it wasn't jolly, so you know what? 'Live your best life'. It's not difficult. And to put your minds at rest, its not me sitting on the bench nor will it ever be.

But to more of today. It started off terribly well when I took delivery of the most gorgeous bundle of clothes. Tried them all on naturally. Popped along to the shop to leave out a couple of donation bags for people and labelled them clearly with their names. Disappointed when someone felt the need to take them for themselves. Lowlife. 

Purchased a pair of William Morris curtains for the shop which were a short drive away. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the countryside but wasn't best impressed when a couple of supercharged expensive cars (obviously not local) cut us up on the dual carriageway. The air turned blue. Quickly both realized that this is probably the last weekend when we can savour some peace and quiet before the hordes descend.

Despite wearing a mask I could smell the cigarette smoke before the woman had even opened her front door but suddenly she stood before me. I reeled back with the stench and I guess rather rudely said 'Have they been laundered'? 'The Undertaker' was oblivious to me trying to make excuses. 'Hmmmm I feel they may be too short' I tried. 'No they'll be fine' he boomed. Meanwhile I could see some old boy puffing away in a wheelchair in the back room. The woman was glaring at me with ill disguised disgust that it would even cross my mind that they were anything but pristine. I paid my money rapidly and then complained all the way home. They went straight into the washing machine with copious amounts of fabric conditioner and are now blowing wildly on the line.

Such is my day. Funnily enough a smile is playing on my lips. Time for a drink! 


Comments

Popular Posts