Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 83


It's a cold and grey day. Son in France sends me a picture of La Cite, Carcassonne depicting glorious clear blue skies. As an afterthought he informs me he's in his shorts. I however brave the strong winds gusting up the street wrapping  my long camel cashmere coat tightly around me. The weather forecast is promising us warm days ahead next week so I venture up into the attic for my summer clothes. I am delighted to renew my acquaintance with white linen trousers, summer dresses and all manner of floaty numbers. 

I had purchased a Isabel Marant dress on the internet last week, (wonderful French designer). Had rather a saga with the post office yesterday as had to pay for the postage (again) due to the fact the stamps were apparently counterfeit. Wrote to the seller and explained situation. 'The Undertaker' decided to investigate further and studied the offending stamps under a magnifying glass (as you would). The embossed Royal Mail logo was back to front. The seller swore blind she hadn't added the stamps indicating that the Post Office were issuing hooky stamps, shock horror! No doubt the drama will unfold in time. Tried on the dress (obviously) and took the decision it belonged in my wardrobe. 

We light the fire early in the downstairs sitting room on account of my feeling frozen. Watching the news we wonder aloud when the container ship drama will start to affect deliveries of goods we take for granted in the UK. Bananas for example, will we run out? Am I going to be reduced to a chocolate diet? The mind boggles. 'Do we import loo rolls'? I ask myself...

I'm feeling all restless now, its after 6pm and yet it's still light. Does anyone else have difficulty adjusting their time clock? What of tomorrow when we can have up to 6 people in the garden? We shall have to learn how to converse with real live people face to face without the luxury of the 'leave chat' button. 

It's going to be a really tough week ahead...

Comments

Popular Posts