Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 88


Absolutely nothing to report today, well nothing out of the ordinary at any rate because today is a very ordinary and orderly sort of day.

There was a palpable buzz however of being able to legally sit in groups of six in the local square. The coffee shops doing take away teas and coffees were doing a roaring trade. I sold one swimsuit and two silk summer tops on account of them being in the shop window. The guilt of being hopeless at posting items up on the internet hangs over me like a dreary rain cloud. People assume I'm doing 'fantastically well' the same as they assume 'The Undertaker' is 'fantastically busy'. Funny thing assumption...

It's gone cold with a mean NE wind which has me wondering if I were a tad too hasty packing away my winter coats but then I remember I only packed away the longer length ones. I speak  as one who owns far too many coats but far too few shoes or handbags. For some reason I don't like handbags. Takes all sorts.

We're going out tonight to sit in 'Office Darlings' garden. Despite her promises of a firepit I'm vaguely thinking along the lines of a Guernsey pullover with a warm cashmere jacket on top. Quite possibly a woollen beret may be overdoing it slightly. Is this very dilemma being played out up and down the country I wonder? I make the mistake of idly perusing the weather down in the South of France.

People, and by 'people' I mean out of towners are still being regarded with suspicion. It may be wrong, it may be uncharitable but it's a fact, just not many people want to admit to it. Perhaps we have all rather secretly enjoyed the quietness and having the area to ourselves. The prospect of opening up once again poses the slightly uncomfortable reality that we're going to have to share our patch. Whether or not your business depends on them is irrelevant really, its the unfamiliarity of having to interact with complete strangers once again. Frightening... 

Comments

Popular Posts