Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 90


I'm breathing a sigh of relief that Boris has announced I can definitely open next week. Holidays can wait awhile in this household, getting back on our feet is what's important here.

What a shock to the system it was today as the cold wind blew. Was it only yesterday that I sat in a flimsy top enjoying a hot cross bun and overlooking the sea? I can't believe that I omitted in yesterday's blog to mention the non stop barking of a dog on the beach. Am I the only one who finds this hugely annoying? Were I to bounce up and down and scream loudly at 'The Undertaker' contentedly sunning himself I would be carted away surely or be on the receiving end of a load of abuse? But no, a dog it seems can bark and bark and bark away shattering the peace on the beach and that's ok. Let's not even get into the black bags of poo hidden amongst the rocks... And yes, before all you doggie lovers out there have a pop at me I love dogs, I just don't love all dogs or more specifically their thoughtless owners. 

On a jolly note my cousin phones to tell me he is out of King Edward V11's hospital and home safe and sound. He can't resist telling me that hot on the heels of the oldest member of the Royal Family he was wheeled straight into the room that the venerable gentlemen had just vacated. 'Only you could swing that' I say, because really, only he could! 

My life isn't nearly that exotic as you've all gathered. I fully intend, however, that it will be spicier, juicier and so wild that I won't be able to keep up with myself. Obviously though, all of this will go unobserved as this current blog finishes on Sunday next. You will just have to use your imagination as to how a woman will achieve this new pace of life whilst running a preloved clothes shop from a seaside market town and married to an Undertaker...

You have no idea how the change of seasons translate into such hard work when one is in the 'rag trade'. We have both spent most of today trying (and failing) to slim down our winter wardrobes. I have the most ghastly feeling that items of clothing aren't the only thing we need to slim down on. I look at my favourite dresses and admit there is a slight niggling at the back of my mind as to whether they mightn't be a tad tight. 

I see dark clouds gathering on the horizon and tears before bedtime. 


Comments

Popular Posts