Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 93


To my utmost amusement this morning I discovered  my mug shot was on the front of the local paper. 'Buzz of excitement ahead of re-opening' it said. I was buzzing I can tell you but it wasn't for the right reason. Not saying that any publicity isn't good publicity but the picture they had chosen to depict our lovely vibrant market town was lamentable. Why couldn't they have asked the Tourist Office or a local photographer for a shot ? Why did the front of the local paper have to print a picture making our town look like the back of some seedy run down, unloved, uncared for dump? 'Lazy journalism' that's why. 

Someone told me I looked rather Italian today which sort of pleased me. Not the hair or the complexion you understand but the black jeans, black Chelsea boots and black Jaeger leather jacket. I had a red bandana in my hair too with a smear of jolly bright lipstick. This compliment greatly cheered me I must say. As a great friend of mine, one possessed with timeless sartorial elegance, said today, 'Dress up, show up and smile.'

Where do the hours go? Where does the day go? Why, I repeatedly ask myself, after three months, do I still have tasks to do? 

The doorbell goes. I'm on the phone so I don't react. 'The Undertaker' sighs and goes to open it. There's a  track suited complete stranger standing there who immediately informs him that he is 'deeply loved' and within four weeks his life is about to change. He asks by whom is he deeply loved 'Jesus' is the response  He stands there completely bewildered. 'Right' he says as the women scuttles away.

'The Undertaker' has challenged me to complete my current 'lockdown blog' to a 100 so I will. I mean with this sort of excitement taking place how can I resist?

Comments

Popular Posts