Lockdown from Bridport - Part 3 - Day 94




It's only a matter of hours after the death of Prince Philip is announced that the half wits start to reappear out of the woodwork spouting their vile and disrespectful crap. Such is their incapacity to see beyond the pomp and splendour that surround our Royal Family, they fail to acknowledge that there goes a man whom has done more for the wellbeing of others, put duty before personal gain and been a first class ambassador for our country and the Commonwealth. From their limited view of the world he's had everything they haven't and you could spend hours arguing with them but it would be a pointless waste of your breath.

I personally decided that as the nation was now in a period of mourning for 8 days I would put a single solitary black Frank Usher dress in the window. Frankly the window was looking splendid before but it's not all about gain as I pointed out to a woman passing by who just guffawed with disbelief at me. Is it just me that gets irritated by people with a limited capacity to accept other peoples points of view and how they choose to express themselves?

I was so disgruntled by the lack of anyone other than a half wit to pass the time of day with I stomped off home where I pegged out not one, but two loads of washing. The blackbird in the garden was singing his heart out as day by day the garden starts to come alive. 

'The Undertaker' is on call now for the next seven days. An air of gloom hangs over the household. It's not that he doesn't enjoy his job, it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but life on hold for a week is tedious in the extreme. You cook a meal and the phone goes, you go to bed, happily fall asleep and the phone goes. Lucky to be in employment you may think to yourselves. Yes and no. Perhaps there are many of us in our generation who would have imagined that we would be retired by now, not facing years of work ahead of us. 'The Undertaker' actually says that he can't imagine me not working. 'Try using your imagination' I say irritably and regale the poor man with a tirade of what I could be doing were such a luxury within my reach. 

Maybe we are all simply fatigued by the impositions thrust upon us, but then maybe we should just all (myself in particular) count our blessings that we live such a rich life even if we haven't had royalty and all its privileges bestowed upon us at birth?

Comments

Popular Posts